Now Hiring: Assistant Business Manager
Posted on Monday March 07, 2022
Assistant Business Manager
The East Coast Trail Association is a registered charity established to provide a wilderness hiking experience by developing and maintaining the East Coast Trail, promoting public access, minimizing its impact on the natural environment and protecting it for future generations. The ECT is a highly valued, well-maintained wilderness hiking trail that showcases the rugged natural beauty and cultural heritage, stretching 336 km along the eastern edge of the Avalon Peninsula.
The Assistant Business Manager works closely with the Business Manager to help coordinate and implement the work of the Association. Throughout the ABM’s daily work, the primary responsibility is to support the Association’s strategic objectives in achieving a sustainable trail. The Assistant Business Manager will help to support the work of the core ECTA committees responsible for Membership & Volunteers, Finance & Administration, Marketing & Communications, Fundraising & Revenue, Community Relations, Legal, Stakeholder Relations, Trail Protection, and Trail Management.
- Act as a resource to the Business Manager to support and implement objectives
- Produce content for the ECTA website, newsletters and social media channels
- Develop marketing materials that resonate with a range of audiences
- Support members with regular communication, development, and retention activities
- Support community outreach, event planning, and marketing partnerships
- Fulfill orders for our growing Trail Shop and generate new product ideas quarterly
- Support student and volunteer recruitment, recognition, and retention programs
- Monitor community and tourism initiatives that may impact trail management
- Promote the East Coast Trail within the local community and beyond regional borders
- Support initiatives to raise funds for the upkeep and enhancement of the trail, including our major annual fundraising events
Education/Experience & Skills
- Bachelors Degree in the social sciences or business fields
- 1-3 years working experience
- Superior presentation, writing and editing skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- A self-starting professional who consults and collaborates to deliver results
- Ability to work independently and handle a varied workload
- Knowledge of and aptitude with programs such as Microsoft Office, Google Cloud, Canva, Adobe, Mail Chimp, Hootsuite, etc.
- Event planning experience is considered an asset
- Experience in the recreation or cultural/tourism sector is considered an asset
This position is for a one-year term with the opportunity to advance depending on funding.
You are a self-starter and have a passion for local tourism and environmental assets. You love connecting with your community and seeking out new opportunities for growth. You want to see the East Coast Trail develop into its full potential. You have the skills to help ECTA do this because you are creative, have excellent organizational skills, are an independent thinker, and are innovative. Plus, as an added bonus you already love and are familiar with the East Coast Trail. You enjoy working with volunteers and a variety of people using the ECT.
Submit a cover letter and resume by Sunday, March 13 to:
Julia Penney, Business Manager via email@example.com titled “Assistant Business Manager Application”.
We thank all interested applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
East Coast Trail is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other aspects that make us all different. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.