Now Hiring: Summer Office & Outreach Assistant
Posted on Friday April 30, 2021
Summer Office and Outreach Assistant
East Coast Trail Association, St. John’s, NL
1 – 2 positions available, during May 17 to September 6, dependent on funding approval.
The Summer Office and Outreach Assistant will provide event and tourism support to East Coast Trail hikers and the Association. The East Coast Trail Association (ECTA) is a registered charity and not-for-profit responsible for the management, maintenance and protection of the East Coast Trail, a 336km coastal wilderness hiking trail on the eastern edge of Newfoundland’s Avalon Peninsula. This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs and the applicant must fit the criteria from CSJ to qualify (outlined below).
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Summer Office and Outreach Assistant will: respond to trail information requests; assist hikers and tourists seeking information; support event coordination, planning, and documentation; assist with marketing initiatives; and work on special projects. The Summer Office and Outreach Assistant will develop skills in communication, client service, digital technology, planning, problem solving, and organization and will learn about the local tourism industry and non-profit sector.
- The employee will assist tourists, hikers, and members of the public by answering questions they have about the East Coast Trail and the Association. They will communicate with stakeholders professionally and efficiently.
- The employee will develop content and marketing support materials for social media, website enhancement, and preparing newsletters
- Promote community events and activities
- Help to create, research, launch and deliver new East Coast Trail product lines
- Monitor, engage, generate and track social media content on various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn) to help leverage follower engagement
- Implement communications and fundraising information management processes
- Support the marketing and communications needs of ECTA subcommittees
- Deliver email newsletters, website news and events postings about the Association’s activities
- Assist in planning and coordination of fundraising and engagement activities
- Other duties as assigned and required by the needs of the Association
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and address a variety of audiences
- Experience with digital programs and/or ability to learn quickly; including but not limited to Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Mailchimp, IATS, GiftTool and more.
- We welcome applicants from fields of study including Business Administration, Office Administration, Marketing and Communications, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Community Recreation Leadership, or a related field of study.
- To be eligible, according to the funding provider, applications must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
Summer Office & Outreach Assistant Rate: $12.50/hour, 35 hours per week
All applications must be received by Friday, May 7, 2021
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter and resume via email to the attention of:
Julia Penney, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Summer Office and Outreach Assistant application
*While ECTA sincerely appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.