Posted on Wednesday April 18, 2018
Come and experience the raw natural beauty of the East Coast Trail and the historic Town of Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove, during the East Coast Trail’s Trail Raiser!
When: Saturday, June 2nd (International Trails Day)
Where: Town of Petty Harbour-Maddox Cove
REGISTER HERE: https://www.gifttool.com/athon/AthonDetails?ID=2023&AID=3743
Rally a team of friends, family or just your own two feet, and register to hike and fundraise for the trail. Our 2018 goal is to raise $75,000 to help maintain and protect over 300 kilometres of developed coastal wilderness trail!
We’re lining up great prizes for the top 3 teams & individuals, as well as draw prizes, all generously donated by East Coast Trail supporters. Everyone who pays for or raises funds to hike is considered an individual fundraiser. Plus, all hike participants, regardless of the source of your registration fee, are eligible for the draw prize(s).
There’s four great hikes to choose from: two longer hikes and two family hikes. The family hikes will include activities featuring Island Rooms of Petty Harbour – home of Fishing for Success, Petty Harbour Mini Aquarium and Nature Conservancy of Canada / Conservation de la nature Canada. The after-hiking party will feature local entertainment, a hearty lunch & the opportunity to share your hiking experience.
– Hiker Special Bus: Return trip ($10 for adults, $5 for kids 13 years and under) from St. John’s – Petty Harbour; pick-up & drop-off at 3 locations; depending on demand
– Hike 1: Cape Spear to Petty Harbour, 12 km, 4-5 hours, moderate
– Hike 2: Petty Harbour-Motion Head return, 12.7km, 4-5 hrs, moderate to difficult
– Hike 3: Family hike Square Rock Gulch, Maddox Cove, 3.3 km, 2.5 hours, easy
– Hike 4: Family hike Around the Harbour (wharf walk, fishing activities), 2 km, 1.5-2 hours, easy (Max. 50)
– Hiker Waiver: All hikers are required to sign a waiver; all children under 18 must be covered by a waiver
– Registration Cost: $50 minimum fee/donation; all participants encouraged to raise $250 to help care for the ECT
FOR ALL DETAILS about registration, routes, fundraising, and more, please visit our website: https://www.gifttool.com/athon/AthonDetails?ID=2023&AID=3743