Beach clean-up and hike with Ocean Net
Saturday, April 25, 2009
This is a call for East Coast Trail members and supporters to come out Saturday April 25th, to enjoy a hike and to pitch in with a clean up organized by Ocean Net! Let’s go and do our bit for Earth Day!
If you are interested in joining the Freshwater Bay Hike and Beach Cleanup, please be at the Fort Amherst parking lot at 9:30am. We will organize the vehicles and return to start the hike at 10:00am.
Approximate Hike Time-line
* Hike 10:00 – 12:30 (approximately 2 – 2.5 hours)
* Arrive at the barachois in Freshwater Bay by 12:00pm / 12:30pm
* Rest, eat, drink and be merry
* Cleanup to take place from about 12:30pm – 1:30pm
* Bring the waste up the access trail to the parking lot where the City is scheduled to pick it up on Monday. The access trail takes approximately 30 minutes
Please wear sturdy footwear, bring water, a lunch and work gloves.
For questions and more information on this hike pleas contact Just Dearing by email at email@example.com or visit www.oceannet.ca