- Oct 28 2023
- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Guided Hike on Mickeleens Path
Join us for a guided hike!
Preregistration for this outing is required. Register by following the link on the left.
Path: Mickeleens Path, Witless Bay to Bay Bulls & Return via Track Rd.
Date: Saturday, October 28
Meet Time: 8:45 am
Meet Location: Parking lot at Witless Bay Seabird Ecological Reserve Tourism Info Centre
Duration: 3-4 hours
Distance: 10 km
Rating: Easy to Moderate
Leader: Gerry Ryall
- Please be on time or a bit early.
- Before the hike, please privately advise the hike leader if you have any concerns, health issues, or severe allergies (this is not mandatory).
- Wear sturdy footwear. Hiking boots with ankle support are strongly recommended. Sneakers of any type are unsuited to wet terrain or rock-hopping and offer no ankle support.
- Carry an adequate backpack to carry water, fruit juice or other fluids (a suggestion of 300 ml/hour per person). DO NOT bring frozen water, it will NOT thaw out during the hike. Food items for a snack/lunch. We will be stopping for a small lunch break.
- A walking stick/pole/staff helps with balance and reduces the risk of falls and sprains.
- For safety reasons, it’s always a good idea to carry a whistle.
- Wear layered clothing suitable for the weather. This would include a hat/cap, gloves, warm fleece, jacket/coat/wind breaker as temperatures would be a bit cooler/colder along the coastline at this time of year. Sunglasses, sunscreen, and lip balm with an SPF factor are highly recommended.
- This is a group hike and participants are advised to stay with the designated hike leader and co-leader, and group for safety reasons.
Please note this event is weather-dependent. If the hike leader determines the hike must be cancelled, it will be posted on the East Coast Trail’s Facebook page by 7:00 am on the morning of the hike.