Now Hiring: Summer Office and Outreach Assistant
Posted on Wednesday May 20, 2020
Summer Office and Outreach Assistant
East Coast Trail Association
Full-Time Temporary – 16 weeks
St. John’s, NL
The Summer Office and Outreach Assistant will provide event and tourism support to East Coast Trail hikers and the Association. The East Coast Trail, a vital tourism and community asset, spans the coastline in three constituencies: St. John’s East, St. John’s South – Mount Pearl, and Avalon.
The East Coast Trail Association (ECTA) is a registered charity and not-for-profit responsible for the management, maintenance and protection of the East Coast Trail, a 336km coastal wilderness hiking trail on the eastern edge of Newfoundland’s Avalon Peninsula.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the Summer Office and Outreach Assistant will: respond to trail information requests; assist hikers and tourists seeking information; support event coordination, planning, and documentation; assist with marketing initiatives; and work on special initiatives. The Summer Office and Outreach Assistant will develop skills in communication, client service, digital technology, planning, problem solving, and organization and will learn about the local tourism industry and non-profit sector.
- The employee will assist tourists, hikers, and members of the public by answering questions they have about the East Coast Trail and the Association. They will communicate with stakeholders professionally and efficiently.
- The employee will develop content and marketing support materials for social media, website enhancement, and preparing newsletters
- Promote community events and activities
- Help to create, research, launch and deliver new East Coast Trail product lines
- Monitor, engage, generate and track social media content on various platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to help leverage follower engagement
- Implement communications and fundraising information management processes
- Support the marketing and communications needs of ECTA subcommittees
- Deliver email bulletins and website news or events postings about the Association’s activities
- Assist in planning and coordination of fundraising and engagement activities
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Experience with digital programs such as Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Mailchimp, IATS, GiftTool and more.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to think creatively and address a variety of audiences
- We welcome applicants from fields of study including Business Administration, Office Administration, Marketing and Communications, Hospitality and Tourism Management, Community Recreation Leadership, or a related field of study. This position relates to these areas through working in an office in the tourism industry and non-profit sector, and applying administration and business knowledge.
- Canada Summer Job requirements:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
- This position will primarily be conducted virtually until further notice, as our St. John’s office is closed in light of COVID-19. Applicants must have access to their own computer, and a reliable internet connection.
HOW TO APPLY:
Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume via email to the attention of:
Julia Penney, Business Manager
with subject line Summer Office and Outreach Assistant, East Coast Trail Association
While ECTA sincerely appreciates the interest of all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline: May 28, 2020
Posted: May 20, 2020