Posted on Monday August 19, 2019
The East Coast Trail Association has several Trail Crew Worker positions open for the Fall season due to students returning to university. These positions assist with construction, enhancement and maintenance work along the coastline of the Avalon Peninsula, between Topsail Beach and Cappahayden.
Period of Work: Fall 2019
- Be knowledgeable in the proficient use and safe operation of power saws and/or tools associated with construction, carpentry, woodworking and stonework;
- Be in good physical condition and prepared to work in an outdoor environment and in adverse weather conditions;
- Be capable of hiking distances of several kilometers of the East Coast Trail daily, while transporting tools, equipment and materials to outdoor work sites on the trail;
- Have experience as a general laborer;
- Provide own transportation when working in the St. John’s area.
- Previous outdoor construction experience;
- Valid first aid certification;
- OH&S training.
Trail Crew Worker Rate: $16.64/hour, up to 40 hours per week.
Start date: Immediately
How to apply: Send a short covering letter with resume, highlighting any construction, carpentry or chainsaw experience, by email (with “Trail Crew Worker” in subject line), to:
East Coast Trail Association
*No phone calls, please. We sincerely appreciate all applications, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.