Now Hiring Trail Crew Workers
Posted on Friday March 15, 2019
The East Coast Trail Association is accepting applications to fill seasonal Trail Crew Worker positions to assist with construction, enhancement and maintenance work along the coastline of the Avalon Peninsula, between Topsail Beach and Cappahayden.
Period of Work: From April 22, 2019 to end of October 2019.
- Be knowledgeable in the proficient use and safe operation of power saws and/or tools associated with construction, carpentry, woodworking, and stonework;
- Be in good physical condition and prepared to work in an outdoor environment and in adverse weather conditions;
- Be capable of hiking distances of several kilometers of the East Coast Trail daily, while transporting tools, equipment and materials to outdoor work sites on the trail;
- Have experience as a general laborer;
- Provide own transportation when working in the St. John’s area;
- Previous outdoor construction experience;
- Valid first aid certification;
- OH&S training.
Trail Crew Worker Rate: $15.85/hour, up to 40 hours per week.
Skilled Worker Rate: $20.66/hour, up to 40 hours per week (Carpentry and Chainsaw experience required)
While operating from work camps, employees receive an extra $100 per week plus food and tent accommodations.
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 29, 2019
How to apply:
Send a short covering letter with resume, highlighting any construction, carpentry or chainsaw experience, by email (with “Trail Crew Worker” in subject line), to:
East Coast Trail Association
*No phone calls, please. We sincerely appreciate all applications, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interview dates are targeted for the first week in April.*