Now Recruiting: Governance & Oversight Director of Accounting & Finance (Volunteer)
Posted on Friday, August 05, 2022
Governance & Oversight Director of Accounting & Finance (Volunteer)
The East Coast Trail Association needs your help
Come take a hike with us . . . add value to your community and enrich your life
The East Coast Trail Association is a non-for-profit, registered charity that is a volunteer managed and membership based organization established to provide a wilderness hiking experience by developing and maintaining the East Coast Trail, promoting public access, minimizing its impact on the natural environment and protecting it for future generations. The ECT is a highly valued, well-maintained wilderness hiking trail that showcases the rugged natural beauty and cultural heritage, stretching 336 km along the eastern edge of the Avalon Peninsula.
The Governance & Oversight Committee is responsible for supporting the Board of Directors in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities. The Director focused on Accounting & Finance is responsible for:
- Participating in the selection of an external auditor;
- Assisting with financial diagnostic assessments, as required;
- Reviewing monthly and annual financial statements, as required;
- Assisting with accounting and financial management reviews, where appropriate;
- Overseeing the implementation of accounting and financial management reviews; and
- Identifying and reviewing key controls, such as bank reconciliations, as required.
- Ensuring appropriate use of accounting systems by Association staff, volunteers, and Directors.
To apply, email your expression of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call or email us if you are interested in learning more about this opportunity to make a difference and add value to your community. Thank you for your consideration.