Work on the East Coast Trail: Trail Crew Positions Available
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
The East Coast Trail Association is now accepting applications to fill temporary, seasonal Trail Crew Worker positions to assist with construction, enhancement and maintenance work along the coastline of the Avalon Peninsula, between Portugal Cove, Cape St. Francis and Cappahayden.
Period of Work:
Candidates should be willing to start by mid-September, 2016. Work is likely to continue through November, possibly as late as early Dec 2016 (as weather permits). Successful candidates should be willing to resume work in April, 2017 (following winter hiatus).
Successful candidates will:
– Be knowledgeable in the proficient use and safe operation of power saws and/or tools associated with construction, carpentry, woodworking, and stonework;
– Be in good physical condition and prepared to work in an outdoor environment and in adverse weather conditions;
– Be capable of hiking distances of several kilometers of the East Coast Trail daily, while transporting tools, equipment and materials to outdoor work sites on the trail;
– Have experience a general laborer;
– Provide own transportation and accommodations;
– Bring a positive demeanor to teamwork.
– Trail Crew Worker Rate: $15.85/hour, up to 40 hours per week (General Construction Workers)
– Skilled Worker Rate: $20.66/hour, up to 40 hours per week (Carpentry and Chainsaw experience required)
Deadline to apply: 5:00pm, Friday, September 2th, 2016
Start Date: Mid-September, 2016
How to apply:
Send a short covering letter with resume, highlighting any construction, carpentry or chainsaw experience, by email (with “Trail Crew” in subject line), no later than 5:00pm on September 2nd, 2016, to:
Ed Delaney, Trail Operations Manager
East Coast Trail Association
No phone calls, please. We sincerely appreciate all applications, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.